Friday, December 21, 2012

Highlanders Ready For Action

More progress with my French and Indian collection.  I've just added a few units of 42nd (Black Watch) Highlanders (Redoubt Miniatures) to my British forces and I filled out my regiment de Royal Roussillon with a grenadier company (Redoubt Miniatures).  My existing Compagnie Franches de la Marine units are only 11 strong so I have two additional miniatures (Conquest Miniatures) completed to bring each of those units up to the maximum size of 12.  Pictures below of the completed units (special thanks to Artmaster Studio for more awesome work).

42nd Highlanders - Officer and Infantry Section
 
42nd Highlanders - Infantry Section

42nd Highlanders - Grenadier Section

Regiment de Royal Roussillon - Grenadier Section
 
Compagnie Franches de la Marine

42nd Highlanders

42nd Highlanders

42nd Highlanders

42nd Highlanders
 
There you have it - a nice addition to any force!  I have a game of Muskets and Tomahawks all lined up for tomorrow so there will be a battle report to follow soon.  I also have an Indian force I'm finishing the basing on as well as a unit of British light infantry.

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful looking figures, great work on those Highlanders!
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These figures are very beautiful. I think they will do very well in their first action.

    Cheers
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work Jay, I really look forward to seeing these in the game report.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments guys! Definately going to see them put to use today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do the redoubt miniatures compare to the conquest miniatures size wise?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,

      The Highlanders are a little bit bigger but can blend in well since they are on the skinnier side for Redoubt. I have some Redoubt British Light Infantry and they are big even for other Redoubt. Although they have a large FIW range I see a lot of inconsistency in size (not how tall they are, but chunky vs. skinny) for the range as a whole.

      Delete